Better Late Than Never (Paperback)
A Second-Chance Seasoned (over 30) Romance set on the Beaches and Boardwalks of the New Jersey Shore.
Checklist for Best Romance Novel Ever
- BFF does not get left behind
- A dress with working pockets
- Toast to Girls Night Out
- Toast to Damn the Patriarchy
Checklist for Best Couple Ever
- He's kind, compassionate and patient.
- He's sexy, ripped and funny.
- She's loud, bold and strong.
- She's devoted to her BFF and her Art.
- They're working together to raise their drama queen teenage daughter.
Checklist for Best Hero Ever
- He makes a gift for her BFF
- He's sweet at that Time of the Month
- He buys her a Romance Novel
- He's a Devoted Dad
- He takes as long as she needs
This is a feel-good standalone story of a multicultural romance with adult sex, realistic cursing, a bitch of a heroine, Jersey sarcasm and your next book boyfriend.
Carrie's a passionate artist and a Jersey Girl with seawater in her veins. She makes her art from the treasures she collects each day, walking the beaches of the New Jersey Shore.
Manny's an architect and college professor. An Apache Native from New Mexico, he's more at home in the mountains, but he moves to the Jersey Shore to be a better Dad to their teenage daughter.
Carrie's Jersey. She doesn't do calm. Manny's quiet and takes his time to react. They were college sweethearts. Now, they're strangers, each remembering the past differently.
Manny discovers his new boss wants to tear down Carrie's house. Carrie will blow the roof off herself if she finds out. Manny must keep it from her, but there's another secret that she's been keeping from him. What will it take for them to learn to trust each other?
Together they will redefine the meaning of love, family and home.
Content Warning: There is mention of a sexual assault.
Scenes in this story are fictionalized versions of Sandy Hook Gateway National Park, Highlands, NJ and Asbury Park, NJ, located in Monmouth County, New Jersey.